let's go get lost

Studio of Form Aesthetics




Studio is one of compulsory subject in Architecture. This is the subject that has most credits (6 credits). You can imagine if we get bad score in this subject, grade point will go down drastically. Studio is an influential subject, that's why my heart always beat fast every time wait for the grade. Because of the credits, we spent much time for it. Class begins at 8.30 pm, break at 12.00 am - 1.00 pm, and finish at 3.15 pm.



First meeting in first semester, our lecturer opened the class with the class-rule. He told us that we can't be late and other ordinary rule. But there are rules that make me shock. He told us that we could bring anything that can make us feel comfort to work in our classroom, like pillow, family or boyfriend picture, fan and anything else. He also told us that we could sleep when he gave the lecture, but not when work-time. The reason is he knew that we would stay up all night because the assignment. At the time, which is pictured in my mind is it would be a busy class.

And it was happened, there were 6 assignments that we have to do in one semester. All of our assignment must be done in class room while guidance to other lecturer. During did the assignment, we had to asked for guidance to 6 lecturers. The struggle was felt at that time, we must contact the lecture about time and place and not rare they asked us to come to their house. We had to arrange time with other lecturer from other subject too. The assignment can be collected if we have enough signatures from lecturer.

We often felt that we had not enough time to finish all of our assignment. You can see 'panda eyes' after staying up every time the deadline came. Swelling and eye bags. Studio is a busy subject, sometimes bored and nauseated. But I learn a lot from this, especially about struggle, patience and team work to do all the assignment. I will post my final assignment in studio of Form aesthetics soon.

This is my first assignment of this subject.




This assignment is given at the first meeting. We had to collect dry leaves and take it all to class room without knew what the purpose is. Apparently, our lecturer asked us to make 'something' with our leaves. Whatever we want to make, up to us. He said that when we collected the leaves, we had had a reason to choose them actually.

I myself choose my leaves because it has unique shape and good color. I see the texture of the leaves too. I decided to make a butterfly from it and put the leaves with unique shape as the frame. But I think it looks more like an angry butterfly than butterfly in flight -_-


Our lecturer said that this was our first creation in architecture-student-life. We had to keep it so that when we become a success architect later, we could remember when we begin the world of architecture, and this creation still on display in my room until now.

My cluster and our creation

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment