let's go get lost

,

[HELLO STRANGERS #02] From No-One to The-One

… And I got myself smiling, unconsciously, seeing him like magic… Tonight he drove me home, and I caught myself smiling. Again. - Sept 2017
So, that was my first impression when I met ‘this stranger’ for the very first time. A ‘he’, with square glasses on his face, a pair of calm and friendly eyes, and a smile. When I met him, he was playing keyboard, enjoying the music and drowned in the rhythms. I was bedazzled just by seeing him.

You know what, what happened next was like the universe supported me and my feeling: our home is in the same direction then he drove me home, hahaha! So, on that night we both were in the car, talking about small stuff (so thankful for the traffic jam which held us only for a minute longer :p) while I kept feeling the butterfly flew freely on my stomach.

I didn’t know who he was, I haven’t met him even knew his name before. He just popped up and I was stunned by him, but at that time I really expected nothing. Running into this weird feeling with this stranger was enough fun for me, because I knew that sometimes, certain things happened just to be remembered.

Time flew. Many things took place in my life, his life. Nothing happened between us until 1 year later, a direct message came into my IG. There was a reply to my IgStory from him. Then I felt the same butterfly from that night a year ago come back into my stomach :)

One thing that I’m grateful for is the fact that he stays. This person has transformed from a stranger into my best friend and my lover, from no one to the one. He stays no matter how careless and forgetful I am. He faces my selfishness patiently. He listens to my stories, even my babble. He has successfully screwed up the wall I have built around for years.

And today, one year has passed since the day he asked me to be with him. Happy anniversary to us, so blessed to have you :)

- February 2020
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment